Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creamy Cucumber Salad

Remember how I said before that my garden wasn't doing too great this year? Well...I lied!  Something happened and now i've got cucumbers and zucchini growing like crazy!  My corn is ready and so sweet and delicious.  The tomatoes are still struggling, but I think they are snapping out of it too.  Crazy thing...I woke up in the middle of the night and thought to myself, "Hmmm...I haven't checked the cucumbers in awhile.  Wonder if they are growing?"  Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and think of crazy things like that?  I do it all the time.  I remember where I put things and things I forgot to do or people I forgot to call or even awesome funny status updates?!  *lol*  Ok...must just be me, but really kind of annoying.  Anyhoo...first thing that morning I went out to my garden and lo and behold there were cucumbers everywhere!  I couldn't believe how many I had.  So I picked a bunch.  I made my husbands favorite of soaking them in vinegar and salt and pepper with a little bit of onion and jalepenos cut up in it to give it a little heat.  It's one of my favorites too, but I wanted to try something different so that is where the Creamy Cucumber Salad enters.  Hello, Lover!  It is so yum!  I loved it and I will be making this a lot more.  Sorry for all the blabbering.  :o)


Creamy Cucumber Salad
4 c. cucumbers, sliced
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayo
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Add your sour cream, mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper into a medium sized bowl.  Stir until everything is combined.  Pour in cucumbers and stir til they are all coated.  Cover and refridgerate a couple hours before serving, so they are nice and cold.  Yum!

Source-Tasty Kitchen

Hope you enjoy this as much as we did.  Have a great Wednesday!!  We have Justy's first soccer game tonight.  Fall is just right around the corner, and I am so excited!! I love Fall!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so refreshing. Wish I had a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I said CRAZY a lot! lol...must be in a CRAZY mood! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...