Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

This recipe was a real winner in my house.  We ate them all within a day.  The recipe doesn't make very many, but I'm ok with that.  I didn't want these sitting around the house for more than a day.  Why?!  Because I would have made a pig out of myself until they were gone. 

I love finding delicious recipes with zucchini hidden in them.  I don't know how healthy the muffins are with the added chocolate chips, but knowing my kids are getting a little bit of veggies with a treat makes me happy!  :o)



Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. apple sauce  (If you don't have the apple sauce then use 1/2 c. vegetable oil total.)
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. grated zucchini
1/4-1/2 c, chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Mix well.  In a smaller bowl combing egg, oil, apple sauce, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.  Stir to combine and then add it to your dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips and zucchini. 

Pour into muffin liners, about 2/3rds full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  This made 12 muffins and then I poured the remaining batter in a ramekin and ate it myself!  :o) 

Have a great Wednesday!  Me and the family are off to the fair to see Justy show her sheep.  Woo!  Wish us luck.  Ciao!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, these look so good. I love zucchini anything. So how did the fair go? I want to hear all about it. Great job! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...