Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good Ole' Energy Balls

Try to eat just one.  TRY!  I told myself before I got these out to try that I would only have one.  Tuh!  Yeah right!  These are just yummy, and some what healthy.  I didn't mind my kids having a few either.  They loved them.  They were gone pretty quick.  I will be making them often for snacks.



Energy Balls
1 c. old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. honey
1 c. shredded coconut
1/2 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything in a bowl, and then refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.  Roll into little balls.  Should make about 18-20.  Put them in a baggy in the fridge to store up to 1 week.

You can probably make these healthier by omitting the chocolate chips, using a fat free peanut butter or a different kind of nut butter, sugar free coconut, or adding cranberries or raisins.  Yum!  I bet they would make great granola bars too.  Use your imagination.  


Have a happy Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. I am allergic to peanut butter, do you have any delicious substitutes for the 1/2 cup of peanut butter in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used sunflower butter. Comes out great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...