Friday, July 22, 2011

Pineapple Coconut Cake

Here's another favorite summer recipe.  Grandma would bring this cake to all of our summer picnics.  It's delish!  Make it this weekend for your family bbq.  You won't be disappointed.  :o)  Have a great weekend everyone!  Pray my camera shows up soon. 


This is another recipe that my Grandma passed on to me.  I took a bite of it yesterday and it reminded me of her.  I've been eating this cake since I was a little girl.  It went from me picking off all the coconut and just eating the icing, to now devouring the entire thing.  All the flavors go together deliciously!  The cake is lemon, topped with crushed pineapple, a vanilla cream frosting, and sprinkled on top of that, shredded coconut.  So YUM!  It's a springy, summery cake and I was excited to make it.  Even though it doesn't feel like Spring, the cake sure tasted like it.  :o)


Pineapple Coconut Cake
1 box of lemon cake mix
1 can of crushed pineapple
3.5 oz package of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 c. milk
16 oz cool whip
2 1/2 c. shredded coconut

Make the cake mix according to the box and pour it into a big 11x17 cookie sheet or two 13x9 dishes.  Bake according to box directions.  (The box didn't say how long to bake the big sheet, so I did it on 350 for 20 minutes, and it was perfect.)  Remove from oven and poke holes all over the cake with a fork.  When it's still warm spoon the pineapple and juice on top of the cake.  Let it cool completely.  Mix instant pudding with 1/2 c. milk until nice and smooth.  Fold in your cool whip.  Spread it over the top of the pineapple, and then sprinkle coconut all over the top.  Refridgerate for several hours or over night.  Feeds about 20-25 people.  Perfect for a picnic.  Hope you enjoy it!

Have a great week!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm, my fave. I want some of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks so good. Would be perfect to make for Easter. I think I'm going to! Sounds and looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried a lot of your recipes and I am going to try this. I love lemon and coconut. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a heavenly cake. I made this yesterday for my birthday and it was so delicious. This cake reminds me of my grandma also. My Grandma Couch loved anything pineapple, she would have loved this cake. Thank you so much for sharing you and your family's recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just covered this AMAZING cake on my blog!
    http://shamrockandshenanigans.blogspot.com/2012/09/pineapple-coconut-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone made this for me yesterday for my birthday! I was amazing! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I am amazing, but I meant the cake! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. where to buy pineapple tarts

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big thank you for your blog. Really thank you! Keep writing.
    pineapple tarts in singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...