Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Honey Bun Cake

This is Monica. I've been waiting to post today to I could announce the big news. Little baby Kall came into this world with a full head of RED hair. Ha ha...those genes must be strong. He weighs 8 lbs and 7 ounces. He's 21 inches. We are so excited to have a new little baby to love. I can't wait to hold him in my arms and give him kisses. Congrats sissy. I'm so proud of you. Love you lots! Hopefully I'll have a picture tomorrow!

-------------------------------------------------------

I made this cake for my Honey Bun.  He likes those nasty treats you buy at the gas stations, so I thought maybe he'd like this.  I was right, he did.  :o)  He said it didn't taste quite like a Honey Bun, but it was still dang good.  When he likes one of my desserts it's a good thing.  He's not a sweet tooth kinda dude...don't get me wrong...he's the sweetest dude just not a sweet tooth dude.  Did I lose ya there?  Ha!  This cake was so easy to throw together.  It was delicious and so moist and it made my kitchen smell divine.


Honey Bun Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Frosting
2 c. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  By hand mix together cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil until well combined.  Set aside.  In a seperate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix together until well combined.  Pour half of cake batter in a greased 13x9 pan.  Spread it out good.  Add half of brown sugar mix on top of that covering all the batter.  Pour rest of batter and spread until even.  Top with rest of brown sugar mix.  With a knife swirl your batter around.  Bake 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.  Meanwhile mix ingredients for frosting.  When cake comes out of the oven pour the frosting on the hot cake.  Let cool or serve warm.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats to the happy lil' family! He's such a cutie! This cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to Erica!! Can't wait to see a pic!

    Oh Man that cake looks delish Monica! Gonna have to try this one...you guys are trouble ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Erica!! Excited for you both; can't wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondering if you could do this with your favorite yellow or white cake recipe. I'm not fond of cake mixes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww a new baby Kall!! This cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exciting, nevertheless it is vital for you to visit this specific url: cbd gummies review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...