Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Mmmmm, you say lemon+butter+sugar and I am so there. This may sound a little nuts to most of you, but before I met my in-laws I didn't really care for chocolate. (Blame them and all their chocolate goodies for my giant hips!) Anyway...sorry, although I love chocolate now (dark please, not milk, blech), if you give me a choice between a chocolate dessert and a lemon dessert, I will go for the lemon 9 out of 10 times. Seriously.

So my very good friend Cheryl sent me an email saying I must try a cookie she had recently made and she mentioned lemon, and maybe the word amazing, and I was so intrigued. <--- (I have excellent run on sentences today!) The other day I had an event that needed sweets and I knew exactly what I needed to make. Thank goodness for events, because I get to sample then off they go to give someone else the extra calories.

These were really good. I love lemon and do think next time I will add even a little more zest and juice. Maybe even a brush of straight lemon juice to the top of the cookie? Hmmm, maybe. So, yes these are a keeper and if you like lemon you must try. :)


Ingredients:

½ cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
½ cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

*If using a non-stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes.

Source: What's Cookin?

4 comments:

  1. Looks yum, sis! And...milk chocolate is SO much better than dark. Ick! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look soooo good! I love anything lemon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies look fabulous! I love lemon, especially in cookies. A must try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there was this place (way too far away to venture to everyday) that had amazing lemon cookies. i am crossing my fingers and toes that this recipe will fill that void. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...