Friday, August 26, 2011

Cheerio Bird Feeders

With Justy back to school Mr. Coy gets a little bored.  I've been pinning a lot of fun things to do with him, so he won't think Mommy is so boring.  This was top on my list because it looked fun and it's cute! Plus I had some stale Cheerios on hand and some wire and ribbon.  That's all you need.  I used my husbands wire he uses for fencing, but i'm sure if you go to your local hardware store you'd find some thinner stuff.  Possibilities for shapes are endless.  I chose to do hearts.  I cut the wire with some wire cutters and shaped them into hearts.  Then I poured out the Cheerios and let Coy go to town on putting the Cheerios on the wire.

Here's my cutie putting cheerios on the wire.

He thought that was so fun...for a minute, until he figured out that these things tasted good...

Mmmmm...

And then I had no help hardly at all from him.  He was going to town on the stale Cheerios now.  Goofball!  So I got them all done and the cute ribbon tied on and we headed outside to hang it up in a tree.

Yay!  Outside! The boy carried around that bag of Cheerios for most the morning.


Here's a close up of it.  Isn't it cute?!


And here it is in our tree.  Now hopefully the birds will come eat it. 

So there you have it.  An easy craft to do with the kids.  All you need is wire, wire cutters, Cheerios, and ribbon.

Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend.  Let's keep our thoughts and prayers with those on the East Coast being affected my Hurricane Irene.  So scary!  STAY SAFE!  *hugs*  See you Monday!!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...