Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blueberry Picking...awhile ago

A long time ago before baby came along, (It seems like forever ago.) we went Blueberry picking. I had never done this before but had heard about a local patch and thought it would be fun for the kids. Fun it was! This farm was beautiful! It had perfect rows of blueberry bushes with grass inbetween the rows. There was a serene little pond nearby and the sounds of sheep in the background. It really was just a calm, fun place to be. My father and mother-in-law came along and we all enjoyed ourselves. The bushes were filled with plump, delicious blueberries and we filled our buckets.





So what to make with all these delicious blueberries? I froze a ton for future treats but first and foremost had to make blueberry muffins. I used this recipe by PW and loved every bite. :) We also enjoyed blueberry pancakes. Yum. I love fresh blueberries in my pancakes. Takes me back to sitting at my Grandma's table.

Photo by Erica. :)

I have other plans for my frozen blueberries. Here are a few that caught my eye on Pinterest. I've been wanting to try my hand at scones.

Alexandra's Kitchen

My Kitchen Addiction


Thank goodness for Summer deliciousness. I think the joys of Summer is what gets us through dreary winters. My kiddos start school next week. :( Can't believe how fast the Summer flew by. The good thing about this whole thing called life, is that there is always something to look forward to. For us, it's a few more days at the pool, and catching up with friends. Throw in some kitchen time and I'm good to go!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. That little farm sounds wonderful! And all those recipes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...