Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!  Want a simple treat to make for your family tonight?  These are so easy and so delicious!  My daughter LOVES chocolate covered strawberries, so I knew this cupcake would be perfect for her.  And I was right. I didn't get out of town to get my kids something special and fun this year, so I thought baking them up something sweet would be just fine.  I may even get some ambition and bake up some sugar cookies today too. 

Thanks to Bountiful Baskets, I had everything on hand.  Haven't heard of Bountiful Baskets?  I'll tell you more on Friday.  :o)  I baked up my favorite chocolate cake, but if you want just use a mix in a box.  Just as yummy.  The frosting has fresh strawberries in it and I think it ties the whole thing together. It was so light and fluffy!

You can't really tell here, but the frosting is pink and pretty!

Here's the recipe~
Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
Use your favorite chocolate cake mix for the cupcake.  Follow instructions according to box, or click on the link above for my favorite.

Frosting
1/2 c. fresh strawberries
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Line your cupcake tin with liners.  Make cake according to instructions.  Cool cupcakes completely. 

For the frosting  place strawberries in a blender of a food processor and blend til it's liquid.  Beat butter and salt until light and fluffy.  Add powdered sugar slowly until combined.  Add vanilla and 4 Tbsp of strawberry liquid and mix until well combined.  Frost your cooled cupcakes.  I melted chocolate chips and drizzled the tops with it.  My microwave broke, so I melted them on the stove on medium low heat, stirring constantly.  And I only used about 1/2 c. of chocolate chips.  If you use your microwave, do it in 20 second intervals and stir in between each until it's completely melted.  Make sure it's not too hot or it will melt the frosting.  Top with a fresh strawberry slice or a fanned out strawberry.  And ENJOY!!!!

I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we did.  Have a fabulous LOVE day!  Make sure to let those you care about know how much you love and appreciate them.  It always makes my day when I hear those words.  :o)  I appreciate and love all of you guys!  Thanks for supporting me and my sister!! 

*HUGS*

3 comments:

  1. So why when I call and tell you I love you, you call me wierd. Hmmmpf. These look great by the way. I want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look delicious! I may have to make some today! Happy Valentine's Day! I love you two! Your blog is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear more about bountiful baskets, think we need to try something like that this year.
    and my second attempt at the whoopie pie cookies was awesome, they are so yummy! thanks for all the great ideas ladies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...