Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sloppy Joe's

My usual go to for Sloppy Joe's has always been Manwich Bold.  It was easy and tasted fine to me.  I didn't have any Manwich but wanted Sloppy's, and I for sure didn't want to take the new baby to the store, so I found a recipe and I have to say it's 1000 times better than Manwich, and why the heck didn't I do this before?  My family loved it too.  So good with your favorite chips and I like to throw on some cheese and pepperoncini peppers.  YUM!

Sloppy Joe's
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 clove minced garlic
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

In a pan brown beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic.  When it's done add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 15 minutes, stirrin occasionaly.  Serve hot on a warm hamburger bun. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this. I've tried one or two recipes and decided Manwich tasted better and was so much easier. I'd prefer homemade so I'll give it a try. Nice post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for my family and we loved them. Troy's words, "Those were the best I have ever had". I broiled some Ciabata sandwich rolls for your Sloppy Joe mix, SO GOOD! Thanks Erica for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...