Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mini Cheesecakes

This is Erica's recipe today but I wanted to add a little. Today is a special day. Not only are we completely snowed in, and it is Groundhog's Day, but today is our Grandmother's birthday. I've  been thinking about her a lot lately knowing her birthday was coming up. I still miss her so much and wish I could share with her all the exciting things happening in my life. She was my biggest cheerleader. Happy Birthday Grandma. I miss you everyday.
-------------------------------------------------------
And now Erica...


Aren't these just the cutest?!  They tasted good too...OH!  And of course they are easy to throw together.  :o)  I will be making these many more times with many more toppings.  The options are endless!  I used a cherry topping because the hubs loves cherries.  Me, not so much, but I thought it was still pretty tasty.  I whipped these babies up in a short time, and was so happy with the results.  It doesn't make a huge batch, and you do need to let them sit in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight, so make them a day before if you want to take them somewhere.

Mini Cheesecakes
16 Nilla wafers
2-8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh if you've got it.
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Beat softened cream cheese and sugars together until well combined.  Add in flour and baking powder, mix well.  Then add your eggs one at a time, mix well.  Then add lemon juice and vanilla.  Beat till well combined.  Line a muffin tin with tinfoil muffin liners.  Place 1 Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each.  Fill each cup 1/4 inch from top of muffin liner.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Place on cooling rack and let cool completely.  Refridgerate 4-6 hours before serving or overnight.  Top with your favorite cheesecake toppings, such as, chocolate, caramel, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, whipped cream, like I said before...your options are endless. 

Have a HAPPY day!  :o)

3 comments:

  1. Ho mama! These look so good! I love the pictures. Happy Birthday to your Grams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Happy Birthday Grandma!! Miss ya Monica and hope to be able to see you next month when you come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that cheesecake is my kryptonite.. will be trying these! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...