Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daddy's Rice Pudding

I remember as a bratty teenager, my Dad trying to get this pudding just perfect to his taste.  He made LOTS of rice pudding that day, and I remember how excited he was when he finally got it the way he liked it.  To this day, I feel guilty for not trying to help him perfect it.  What I wouldn't give to go back to that day and spend some one on one time with him cooking in the kitchen.  My dad is one awesome cook.  From his ham flied lice to his rice pudding!  :o)  So here's his recipe and i'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.  Reminds me of home.


Daddy's Rice Pudding
3 1/2 cups milk
1/2 c. rice
1/2 c. sugar, and a little more if you like it sweeter.  This isn't too sweet.
Combine these 3 ingredients in a 13x9 pan and cover and bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees.  When it's done stir in
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
and however many raisins desired.  (I didn't have any raisins, so I didn't add any.)
Bake for 20-30 minutes testing to see the tenderness of the rice. 

So glad I have this recipe in my collection.  I don't think my Dad knows this, but I do and it's in his writing so it means even more!  :o)  Enjoy!!!

Don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY!  You have until Thursday night to enter.  It's a fun one!  :o)

5 comments:

  1. So cute. Thanks for sharing. I think my true love for pudding comes from pops. I'm making this soon! Makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY ERICA!! What a fun blog, I am going to add it to my fav list on my blog...if you don't mind :)

    Have you had your baby?? I haven't seen you at church for awhile......just wondering...:) If you need anything, let me know, I am always home and would love to help out!

    Whenever you are ready for a coupon 101 class, I will give ya one, either at my house or yours. It is fun to save a bunch of money and gets lots and lots of food too! My hubs loves it too! The biggest problem is coming up with room to store all of this stuff! :)

    I just barely tried out Bountiful Baskets a few weeks ago, and YES, I LOVE IT!! I am excited to get another basket this week! It is fun to make your cooking menu around all the yummy veggies and fruits that come with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm rice pudding! Love it. I'm gonna have to try this recipe because now I want some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby loves rice pudding. Will be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmm. So worth 1 and a half hours. I did add cinnamon and a bit more sugar. Deeeeelish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...