Monday, May 2, 2011

Cream Puffs

Can I just say, "OH BABY!"?  These are so delicious.  I haven't made them in a long time and as I was looking through my recipe book this recipe fell out and landed right on my lap.  It was a sign!  I had to make them.  I forgot how amazing they are.  I used to make them a lot, because my hubs LOVES them.  They are fast and easy to throw together.  I even did it with a baby strapped to me.  :o)

 

Here's what you need...
Cream Puffs
2 (3.4 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1 c. water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. flour
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together pudding, cream, and milk.  Mix well.  Cover and let it set up in the fridge. 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a large pot, bring water and butter to a boil.  Remove from heat. and stir in flour, salt, and vanilla until it forms a ball.  Transfer to a mixing bowl and beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.  Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet or a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.  The centers should be dry.

When they are cool, either cut in half or use a pastry bag to fill each one with the pudding mixture.  Top with powdered sugar or if your feeing really ambitious, melted chocolate.  Yum! 

I made mine a little bigger, and it made about 18 good size puffs.  :o)

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love creme puffs!! I am going to make these as soon as possible. Oh mama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute favorite desserts! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love to top mine with runny ganache.. yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...