Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gooey Layered Everything Bars

It was the name that stopped me on this recipe. Can you go wrong with a name like that? This is a pretty quick recipe to whip up and I'm sure you can add or take away anything you want. The way they are I enjoyed, but I don't think my kids would love them and I can think of a few picky adults who would pass these up too..*cough* *cough* Brian. My dad would love them minus the raisins, etc. etc. You get the picture. This is definitely a recipe you can play with.

Enjoy!!!


Gooey Layered Everything Bars
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) cut up
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teas. salt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnut pieces (I used pecans) toasted
1/2 cup raisins
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper leaving an overhang on two sides. Lightly coat with vegetable spray. In a food processor, pulse together the butter, powdered sugar, flour, and salt until it resembles a coarse meal. Add oats and pulse until just combined. Press evenly into your dish and bake until lightly browned and firm about 20 minutes.

Scatter chocolate chips, nuts, and raisins on top of crust. Drizzle with the milk and top with the coconut. Bake untill coconut is golden, 10-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it. Let cool completely, loosen sides, and pull bars from the dish. Cut into whatever size you prefer and enjoy! These are rich so a smallish squares work well!

Hope you are having a great week! We are keeping an eye on the sky in Missouri and I've been working on our Emergency Preparedness. You just never know when something will happen. We are told to be prepared for a reason. How are your 72 hour kits and food storage? Any great ideas for me? I would love to hear! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. These are just like the hello dolly bars from Oakcrest... you know I will be trying these :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, those look delicious. Looks like a good treat to have on hand in case you have to make your way down into that scary cellar of yours. I don't know, between the scary cellar and the scary storms going on, it seems like a really good time to pack up and head west...like all the way back to Utah. ;) But since you'll probably be staying, stay safe!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I guess this is why you sent that text to Brian huh?! They look delish to me....except maybe the walnut part ;o) Stay safe! We've been working on our food storage here. Brian is certain we will have an earthquake here soon...you know how he is! But, I don't mind being prepared. I CAN NOT wait to see you guys and meet your new one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...