Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake

I needed a dessert for a couple of birthday girls and I had been eyeing this one. Usually in the food magazines, certain products advertise with a luscious picture and a recipe. This one by Philadelphia Cream Cheese caught my eye. Maybe because I love cheesecake so much, or because I'm prego and most everything with sugar looks amazing to me. It is a super easy recipe and made a tasty cheesecake. Give it a try!


Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake
40 Vanilla Wafer, Crushed
3 Tbsp. butter melted
4 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
3 eggs
8 oz. whipped topping, thawed

Mix wafer crumbs and butter, press onto bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Beat 3 packages of cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 Tbsp. vanilla in mixer till well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each one until just blended. Pour over crust.

Bake at 325 degrees 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around the rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.

Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in whipped topping; spread over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving and garnish with a fruit of your choice. Yum, enjoy!!!

Don't forget it's Template Tuesday over at the Digi Lovely blog. My favorite gal Rachael designed this one. I love her work. She is an inspiration for me. Go pick it up!

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...