Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolate Mousse

Tomorrow marks my first day to try to lose some of this baby weight.  So to celebrate...lol...I decided this morning I was gonna make some Chocolate Mousse to have after lunch.  You think I waited until after lunch to try this?!  No way!  It is so light and fluffy, and has the perfect taste of chocolate in it.  It was super easy to throw together too, so that's definately a plus!  I might even save some for my dear daughter and husband for their after dinner treat, but who knows...I might eat it all and not even tell them I made it!  TEE HEE!  ;o) 




Chocolate Mousse
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1 Tbsp cold water
2 Tbsp boiling water
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together gelatin and cold water in a small bowl and set aside.  Boil some water in the microwave and take out 2 Tbsp and add to gelatin mix.  Stir together until well combined.  While gelatin mix is cooling, combine remaining ingredients, and beat until medium stiff peaks form.  Mix in gelatin and put in your individual cups and refridgerate for 30 minutes.  Top with chocolate shavings, whipped cream or even some berries!

Have a great week!!

Source: Our Best Bites Cookbook

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that looks delightful! As soon as I saw this I decided I should make it because I had some cream in the fridge that needed to be used. However, I just pulled it out and it is bad. Darn! I will make it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...