Monday, May 16, 2011

Baked Salmon

I love Love LOVE salmon!  I am usually scared to buy it because sometimes it's just plain nasty if it's old.  My dad laughed at me when I said I can't stand fish that tastes too fishy!  Do you know what I mean?  I went out of town and bought a fresh big slab of salmon and it turned out perfectly and it wasn't too fishy at all!!  I do like my fish a little thicker, but this is as thick as I could find. 

This was so easy to throw together.  I did it before we went to church and it was ready to throw in the oven when we got home.  It had great flavor.  Even my toddler gobbled his up and asked for seconds.  Which is rare.


Baked Salmon
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2-6oz salmon fillets

In a big ziploc bag mix all your ingredients except salmon fillets.  When mixed together good put your fillets in and close your bag.  Massage the mix into the fillets, and put in the fridge.  Let it marinate for atleast an hour, massaging your salmon every so often.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  I like to put a little slab of butter in my baking dish, and put it in the oven so it melts and my pan get good and hot.  Place steaks in baking dish, pouring marinade over the tops. Bake for 10-15 minutes for every inch of thickeness.  Mine didn't take very long at all!  You know it is done when it's firm to the touch, not smooshy. And it flakes easily with a fork. 

Note-I like to remove the skin from the fish before I marinade.  But if you prefer leaving the skin on, bake it with the skin facing up.

Have a great week!  Happy Monday!!

Adapted from Allrecipes

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fish eater, but this looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...