Friday, May 27, 2011

Poppyseed Bread

This has to be my favorite quick bread. It is so flavorful and moist. It makes 2 big loaves, so I usually always give one away or freeze it and keep the other for us to munch on. I must be honest though...i'm usually the only one that munches on them. Jason isn't a huge fan of it...(He is odd) and I usually eat the whole thing before the kids discover I made it. Ha ha! Just teasing...or am I? :o) You can change the flavoring of it too. My personal favorite is almond, but I know a lot of people that would prefer lemon.

Uh...I would have a picture...but my bread didn't work. lol...why you ask?! Oh because my mind was occupied with a fussy baby and a toddler hanging on my legs. I totally forgot to add the eggs. I thought it looked a little light when I poured them into the bread pans, but I thought what the heck! It's right. NOT!  I didn't realize what I did, until I started typing up the recipe for you guys.  It tastes ok, but something is just weird about it. O'well...another one to add to my recipe mis-haps. I'll post a picture when I make the recipe again. Der!!! I won't be giving this extra loaf to anyone. I might just feed it to my chickens.

Poppyseed Bread
3 c. flour
2 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/8 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 Tbsp poppyseeds
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp melted butter

Mix everything together really good and pour into 2 greased large bread pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Let them cool completely.

School is out here, so I'm looking forward to a fun and eventful summer with my kiddies. I'm hoping to put some more kid friendly recipes up, because my daughter is showing a lot more interest in the kitchen. Wish me luck with that.

Hope you all have a great long weekend! Hope the sun is shining for everyone.

Source-The Girl Who Ate Everything

2 comments:

  1. YUM YUM! You sure do know how to make my mouth water. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - you can drop one off here anytime :). I'm a sucker for delicious breads so thanks for the yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...