Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Bake Cookies

These take me back to high school when we made these in Mrs. Robbins' Home Economics class.  My partner and I had a blast stirring these things up, and then eating them.  It was a lot of fun, and I still love them to this day.  So simple and such a great flavor combination.  I could eat them all up!


Mrs. Robbins' No Bake Cookies
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. milk
1 stick butter, cut up
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oats, or just old fashioned oatmeal.  (I like them more chewy so I use the old fashioned)

Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter in a saucepan over med heat until it comes to a boil.  Stirring, let it boil 1 minute.  Take off heat.  Stir in vanilla, peanut butter until smooth and then add your oatmeal.  Stir until well combined.  Spoon onto parchment paper and let cool so the get nice and set up. 

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I may have to make some of these today. I think my sweet tooth is coming back. NOT a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I have this same recipe. I loved her class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, I love no bakes. But for some reason I always seem to forget about them. Thanks for the reminder ;o) I will have to make a batch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...