Monday, January 31, 2011

Creamy Bacon and Parmesan Pasta

Give me creamy pasta and bacon any day of the week.  So fulfilling and yummy.  I've made this adding chicken and peas.  Mix it up!  Broccoli would be awesome with it too.  It does need quite a bit of salt for my tasting, but everyone in my family thinks I use WAY too much salt, so I never add it to my dishes while I cook.  Don't want to upset anyone.  :o)  This is a quick and easy meal to stir up.  My kids absolutely love it too.

Creamy Bacon and Parmesan Pasta
1 pound bacon
1/4-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound rigatoni or penne pasta
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 whole Eggs
1/2 teaspoons ground pepper

In a skillet, fry the bacon. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. When done, remove bacon until cool enough to handle and roughly chop.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done (according to package instructions).

Place cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan. Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese, eggs, and pepper and whisk until blended.

Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot. Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon, and add some reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.

Enjoy! And Happy Monday! Yay to the end of January!!!

4 comments:

  1. MMM...PASTA. I love anything pasta! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dubs you Mom of the year 2011! I can't believe that you are already cooking for your family. Your neighbors should still be bringing you dinner! You are incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating healthy is a critical component that must be included in your daily life. For one to be able to enjoy his youth and have a long and fulfilling life. We need a plan to maintain and sustain our health by eating fruits and vegetables which are being neglected in our meals. learn more:

    cooking tips

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...