Monday, January 3, 2011

Digi Day

Happy New Year! I am so excited to be starting a new year. I love to look ahead at what's to come...so many adventures and new memories to be made. This year Erica and I are going to continue our little blog and hopefully share with you more of our finds, favorite foods, and maybe some crafts thrown in there. I got some amazing handmade gifts for Christmas and I marvel at the talent of those around me. Seriously, amazing. Can't wait to share some of my own ideas with you and I know Erica has barely made a dent in the many recipes she loves. So with that, I am starting off the New Year with a couple of digital layouts.

I love getting questions from people about how I do what I do. I remember wondering the same thing before I was sucked into the world of digi scrapping. I can't believe I've been doing this for a couple of years now. I still love the satisfaction of learning new Photoshop skills and putting them to use in my scrapbooking. It is a rewarding hobby in many aspects. As far as how I do what I do, I'm always the first at pointing anyone to JessicaSprague.com. The best way to learn Photoshop is through good instruction and you really can't find better instruction at reasonable prices. Hopefully, some of you have had a chance to check out her website and look around. There are some exciting things coming up this year along with some new classes to keep those creative juices flowing. I know I'm excited for her fourth installment of Photoshop technique classes called Digi in Deeper. I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...if you get a chance check out what's new and if you have some Christmas money, sign up for a class. Like I've said before, there are so many uses for your Photoshop knowledge. It really is priceless.

Here are two layouts I did right before Christmas. This one is my take on Photoshop Friday #26. I love these little lessons. Remember you get everything you need to make a beautiful layout including learning a new Photoshop technique. You can find them for one dollar on Fridays or earlier versions for 3.99 in the shop.

Full Credits Here.

This one I used The Queen of Quirks Memento Template. When life gets busy, templates are the way to go. Just drop in your pictures, paper, and any extra embellies for a beautifully designed and well done layout.

Full Credits Here.

Have a wonderful week! It's cold here in Utah, enjoy your cozy homes and the slow days of January.

1 comment:

  1. I love your work Monica, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...