Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Digi Day

Hola people! One Buck Wednesday took a hiatus in December and is now back. So grab yourself some goodies for a dollar. You can't find much of anything for a dollar anymore. When I was a kid I could walk to town and get myself 100 pieces of candy for a dollar. Anyone else remember penny candy? Oh, those were the days. Anyhoo...

So, I haven't been in a "from scratch" kinda scrapper mood lately. Not sure why. Hopefully I can regain my mojo and start pumping out some of my own layouts soon. In the meantime, I have been making use of all the great templates on Jessica's website. I feel like I've been talking about them a lot and need to show you just how cool they are.


Okay, so this is what a template looks like. This template is by Creativy by Crystal. Love her templates. The design is basically done for you. Granted, you can usually move anything around that you want to depending on what your mood is. If you leave it as you can pretty much get a layout done is 30 minutes or less. Hello, people! If you want to get some scrapping done, templates are the way to go. Quick and gorgeous scrapping.

Full Credits Here.

So here is my layout done using Crystal's template. I didn't change anything. I just added my photo and the papers of my choice and whalaa. My last years Easter photo done...off my hard drive and into a photo album. How many of you can say that? Hee hee. Now you can add embellies or change the font in the title or add pictures....whatever, I actually added the stitching around the border. You still can make it yours but the hard part...designing, is done. I hope all my gibberish makes sense. As far as using templates, here is a tutorial by Misty Cato Designs. You just need a basic understanding of PSE.

Here are two other interpretations of Crystal's template from two of my co-creative team members. Fun, fun!

This layout is by Kelly Mobley. She kept to the original design. The colors are great plus her kids are adorable. Full Credits Here.

This layout is by Nicole LeBlanc. I love her choice of colors. She also changed up the placement of the title and replaced the butterflies with the hearts. This turned out great. Full Credits Here.

Thanks for the Congrats following my Saturday's post. We are very excited to add a new member to our family and I'm excited to have a new subject to scrap. :) Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could scrap. Paper or Digital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I really should invest in some templates. There really isn't a good reason why I can't get some scrapping done, is there?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...