Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

I'm doing a lot of my family favorites this week.  I think it's me preparing for having this baby and I probably won't be doing these for awhile, until I get back in the groove of things.  Years ago, when I thought about making chicken enchiladas, I thought they sounded WAY too hard to make.  I think they could be, but these are so EASY!  I got this recipe from my Dear MIL.  She is the best cook.  I always make a pan of flour and a pan of corn.  And make sure to have all the fixings!  YUMMY!

Chicken Enchiladas
4-6 large chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken
2-19 oz. cans of Las Palmas Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (You can use your favorite, but this one is perfect, I think.)
1 small can of green chilies
3 big spoonfuls of sour cream
cheddar cheese, shredded
Corn or flour tortillas, or both

I like to boil my chicken breasts.  It's faster and they shred so easily afterwards.  I salt and pepper it before putting it into the tortillas.  While chicken is boiling, in a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken, enchilada sauce, green chilies, and sourcream.  Stir until well combined.  Spoon some sauce in the bottom of 13x9 pan, just so it's coated.  Shred chicken and season to taste.  Add some chicken to center of tortilla, and then some cheese, and roll up lining them up nicely in your pan.  When you get them in there good and tight top with remaining sauce, and cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 40-60 minutes or until good and bubbly.  Remove foil and top with shredded cheese and leave in oven until it's good and melty.  Top with your favorite toppings.

Like I said before, when I make these I usually do 1-13x9 pan of flour and 1-8x8 pan of corn.  There is usually plenty of sauce to do both.  Do them how you want, my family doesn't like them stuffed full of chicken, but if yours do then throw a few more breasts in to cook.  Good stuff!

3 comments:

  1. These are on my list of posts coming in the next few weeks! The third week in February to be exact. Funny...That always happens to me. These look yummy! Much different than how I do mine but they sound tasty! I will have to try them one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm. I've had these before and they are pretty tasty. I say, if you can make it easy and delicious then you have a pretty awesome combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have everything to make these for dinner today. They look very yummy. I am a corn tortilla fan but my guys like flour. Looks like I can please everyone. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...