Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday Favorites...One Day Late :)

I'm in love with frozen yogurt lately. Even in the dead of winter, it makes me happy. Especially covered in fruit and graham cracker crumbs. Yum! Now that I am back in my small town Missouri I'm yearning for my Red Mango and TCBY. *Sigh* So...I guess I'll just make it myself. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. Patience is the key to making any kind of icecream. Hence, the one day late deal. Hee hee.


Okay, here is the recipe.

Frozen Yogurt
2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
2 cups plain nonfat or reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup superfine sugar (I used Splenda to cut the calories)
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Fresh fruit or other toppings, for garnish

Whisk both yogurts, the sugar and corn syrup in a bowl until combined. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.

For a soft consistency, serve right out of the ice cream maker. For a firmer texture, transfer the frozen yogurt to a covered container and freeze for up to 2 hours. Serve with assorted toppings.

Source: The Food Network (Where else?)

I know this is a random post. I mean frozen yogurt in January!? It's these darn cravings that need to be satisfied. It's crazy what a pregnancy will do to you. Did I say that out loud? I guess I did. Yup, we're expecting July 2nd. Yay for babies!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'll have you know i've been craving this ever since you mentioned it. Mmmmm...and YAY! I can't wait to meet the little person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! But, I bet you're gonna be in trouble with the family since you live so far away now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! Sooo exciting! And that frozen yogurt looks awesome! I need an ice-cream maker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Moni!! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie told me last week, congrats that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited is not the word for this Old Nana.. she dreamed to have 12 children.. and I only was blessed with 3 but I would never change them for anything they are my JOY my LIFE and now I am being blessed with little angels from my own little angels.. and how happy that makes me. Two in one year.. So Blessed.. and thank you my girls for making this Nana so very happy! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...