Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Roll Recipe...I likey this one.

Last Sunday night for dinner my sweet mother-in-law made yet another batch of amazing rolls. They were different than her usual recipe. I really liked the taste of these and inquired about them. This was a new recipe that worked better for her Sunday schedule. What works is the fact that she can make these at night put them in the fridge then in the morning roll them out and let them raise for three hours. They were fluffy, soft, and perfect.

I attempted these and they turned out tasty. I cut the recipe in half and made them the regular way (mix, raise, shape, raise, bake). I just like that I have the option to refrigerate if needed. I know, I know, there are a million recipes for rolls out there and they only vary slightly here and there. Some of you may already have your go to recipe and you'll never change. This is for those that are still in search for their go to roll recipe. Try this one, it may be a keeper.


Shirley's Rolls
2 Tbsp. yeast
2 c. warm water
1 c. melted butter
6 eggs, well beaten
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 teas. salt
8 to 10 c. flour (you can use 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat too)

Mix 2 cups water, yeast, and 2 Tablespoons of sugar together. Let yeast mixture rest for about 5 minutes. Add melted butter, the rest of the sugar, and the 6 beaten eggs. Mix well. Add flour and salt. Mix well but gently. You will use more or less flour depending on the weather. The dough will still be sort of sticky when you cover it loosely. Let is rise for 2 to 3 hours.

Knead down gently. Divide into 4 equal parts and shape in whatever way you choose. Let rise for 1-3 hours. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

Source: Shirley Lifferth

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. I've been organizing and re-planning my days. Just trying to be more productive. It's cold out there, so I might as well spend my time inside being productive. I may have some organizing ideas up my sleeve this month. :) Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love rolls :) yummy. I found a rool recipe a while ago that I love but I am always up for trying new ones. Especially since you can make the dough ahead with these ones and bake later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I love rolls. Especially in the dead of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm rolls! I think I'll make some tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy - when do you put them in the fridge to rise? (I'm a roll dummy. Sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen! Marilyn actually makes these the night before, puts them in the fridge, then rolls them out before she heads to church. They raise while she's at church, then bakes them when she gets home. Comprende? Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...