Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easy Clam Chowder

I'm not a huge fan of clams, but throw it in a soup and it's so delish!!!  I got the recipe from a good friend, and it's easy...which of course is always GREAT in my book.  I have a more complicated version, but i'm 36 weeks pregnant, so...that went out the window.  You can add anything to it to fit your taste, but I think this is just about perfect.  Plus, what's better than a warm bowl of soup on a yucky snowy day? 


Easy Clam Chowder

1 medium onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 celery, chopped
3/4 c. butter
3 cans of cream of potato soup
3 cans of minced clams, only drain 1 can
3 Tbsp corn starch
1 quart half and half

Saute' onions, carrots, and celery in butter until in a big soup pot until onions are nice and tender.  Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer and stir every now and then until carrots are cooked through. (I like to use a whisk to make sure all the lumps from the corn starch are out)  Enjoy with some fresh bread or how about a bread bowl?!  Mmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. Ho YUM. You're right...there is nothing better than soup on a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks excellent! The funny part was I thought about calling mom for her clam chowder recipe this morning. However, I knew I would have to go to the store and I didn't want to. It's certainly soup weather!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...