Thursday, September 9, 2010

PW's BLUE-berry Muffins :o)

Yes, Ladies and Gents, It's a boy!  :o)  I really couldn't think of any blue food besides blueberry muffins.  And I was fine with that cause I LOVE the things.  I'm so excited to bring another little boy into this world, and it will be interesting to see whose coloring he gets.  My first boy is a spittin' image of his daddy.  He has light coloring.  My daughter has my coloring dark hair, dark eyes.  So, who knows what this lil' guy is gonna look like.  EXCITING!  Justy made sure to ask me if there was any way that we could send the boy back and get a girl.  Funny!  I don't think so!  She seems pretty happy about it now, probably cause I told her she'd be the only girl and be spoiled.  :o)

Anyway...you can never go wrong with blueberry muffins.  And they have REAL berries in them. Not those weird little hard candy like blueberry thingies...you know what I mean!  Those are fine when your single or in college, but when your a pregnant woman...you need the REAL deal.  :o)  These are so yummy and moist and I could probably eat them all, but I probably shouldn't.  But...I still might.  Already downed 3!  And yes, feeding for two, IS AN EXCUSE!  I don't care who you are or what you say.  

Recipe is from PW's blog-
3 cups minus 2 tablespoons flour (I don't know why, but I just followed the rules)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Heavy pinch of salt
Dash of Nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 generous cup plain, unflavored yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries
cap-ful vanilla
brown sugar to sprinkle on tops or a coarse sugar

Preheat oven to 385 degrees.

In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In another large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, cap-ful of vanilla, egg, and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients and stir to a count of 10.
Add blueberries, reserving 1/2 cup, to mixture and stir 3 times.
Add mixture to well-buttered muffin pans. Sprinkle remaining berries on top and press down lightly. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of muffins.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes
Let cool on wire rack

Stir as little as possible.  You don't want to over mix these.  I was very pleased with the results and this will now be my go-to recipe for blueberry muffins.  Have a great Thursday, and thanks so much for visiting our blog.  It means a lot!  Love you all!
Oh, and don't forget to scroll down a bit and enter our giveaway.  Only got til 7 PM tonight!  DO IT!  DO IT NOW!

7 comments:

  1. My comment actually went on Monica's photo information. Blueberry muffins look fantastic. The boy's will be great playmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES!!!!! A *BOY*.. WOOHOO... PROUD AND HAPPY NANA... I LOVE ALL MY BOYS.. AND OF COURSE MY GIRLS TOO.. BUT, BUT.. LIKE YOU SAID CAN'T WAIT TO HOLD HIM AND LOOK AT HIM AND KISS HIM! CONGRATULATIONS MY DEAR DAUGHTER!! AND YES THOSE MUFFINS DO LOOK DELICIOUS AND WILL TRY THEM SOON, AND YES EVERYONE DON'T FORGET TO ENTER FOR THE GREAT GIFT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the boys are kickin' the girls' butts in this fam. Funny how Grandma had mostly granddaughters and the roles have changed in our fam and Auntie's.

    Congrats sissy. Can't wait to meet my new lil' buddy. Muffins look fabulous. I am so making these this weekend. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for boys!!!!! guess i'll crochet him some cute BLUE hats! congrats :) can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for ya.....Bet jason is way excited for another boy. Like you said cant wait to see who he will look like.....loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo! PW's muffins are awesome! Congrats on the baby boy! I'm so happy for you two, it's great being surrounded by boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking that the dilly beans were the announcement of the boy :) lol Hooray for you two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...