Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Match-Up

Peaches is what I chose to do this week.  I couldn't resist!  They looked so delicious and juicy in the store and I was right...they were!  Thanks to my awesome friend, Susie, she gave me the perfect recipe to use them in.  I was so happy that I did, and my family was too.  Who would've thunk?!  A Peach Chimichanga?!  Oh yes...and to hear my baby boy say chimichanga makes it all worth it too.  :o)  It's so easy to put together and the toppings are endless!  I chose to top mine with whipped cream and more fresh peaches.  Jason, on the other hand, wanted vanilla ice cream on top of his.  They were both delicious.  Yes, I tried both!  I have a good excuse...remember? ;o) If you want to use canned peaches for this recipe then go right ahead.  I think it'd taste just as good.


Here's the recipe for a family of 4-
4-6" flour tortillas, warmed
4 TBSP Cream cheese, softened
3 ripe peaches, skinned, and diced up
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Oil for frying
And toppings of your choice such as whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, powdered sugar, caramel ice cream, caramel ice cream topping...I could go on and on.

Spread tortillas with cream cheese.  Combine peaches and cinnamon; spoon down the center of the tortilla.  Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.

In a skillet or deep fat fryer, heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees.  Fry them for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.  Drain on paper towels.  Serve warm.

I hope you all enjoyed these as much as I did.  I think this will be a new family favorite for us. 

-----------
Remember that time when I went all crazy about Rice pudding? If not then, here's a reminder. Anyhoo, when Erica told me peaches for Monday my mind went straight to Peach Bread Pudding. I did a quick Google Search and came upon a recipe by Emeril. I just can't get away from The Food Network. This was a fun lil' recipe. It was not too difficult to whip up and it made my heart and taste buds sing. Seriously, so yum.

I hadn't had a lot of luck with peaches this year, so I was crossing my fingers for some good ones. I was in luck! Look at these beauties.


 While I soaked day old bread in milk and cream, I peeled and cut about 2 lbs. of peaches. I love hand peeling fruit. It reminds me of my Grandma. I watched her hand peel a lot of fruit and she taught me how to do it myself.



After they were all peeled I cooked them in a skillet with sugar until they were soft around the edges and delicious looking. They look awesome, right? They were then folded into the bread, milk, egg, mixture and baked in the oven until golden brown and set.




I made Cinnamon Sauce to drizzle on top. I based it off Emeril's recipe but instead of adding amaretto, I put in 1/2 t. of cinnamon. It was tasty and complimented the pudding perfectly. Is there anyone out there that loves puddings as much as I do?


You can find the recipe here.

Reminder, we are doing our second Giveaway. If you want to enter leave a comment on THIS post and link us from your blog or facebook. Is it Monday already? Here we go!

8 comments:

  1. These both look AMAZING!!!! I'm doing peaches too! Love the "peachy" time of year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap those look good! Yep, gonna have to make this one soon. Like really soon. I'm slightly drooling right now, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome and I dont even like peaches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY~ These look amazing! And I love your pics. We'll be having these this week for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, those look great! Peaches are my all-time favorite fruit. There just really is no beating a nice, juicy, fresh peach - YUM! Yes Monica, I think I like bread puddings as much as you and I will be trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other major distinction between the faculty nfl super bowl 2017
    game and therefore the skilled game is that the extra time. This doesn't have an effect on sporting an excessive amount of however it's one thing to stay in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...