Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Monica!!!

Today is my sisters birthday!  Happy Birthday, Monica!!  This post is dedicated to you, and I hope it makes your day brighter. 

I am sorry we can't be with you, and celebrate.  Even though you think it's just another day...it really isn't!  I am so happy you were born!  I don't know what I would do without my big sis.  You have been there for me through everything.  You were there for the birth of both of my children.  How amazing is that?!  Kinda gross, but whatev.  ;o)  I am so happy we turned into best friends.  I didn't think we had much hope as children as much as we fought, but look at us now.  I don't think there's a day that goes by that I don't talk to you and if I don't, I don't like it...AT ALL.  You are such an amazing human being.  An amazing daughter, sister, grand-daughter, Mom, wife, auntie, and friend.  You have so many talents and you excel in all of them.  I strive to be like you, and hope some day I can be as awesome at crafts, sewing, decorating cakes and cupcakes, photography, scrapbooking, etc...I could go on and on and on.  I hope you are celebrated today and are spoiled rotten.  You truly deserve it.  I miss you so much and can't wait to see you again.  Even if we just sit in my living room eating and watch Food Network all day.  Love you so much, Erica*

Now...in celebration I made what I thought was one of your favorite desserts.  It was SUPER hard, but I think it turned out wonderfully.  It sure tastes yummy!  Wish you could have a bite.  Maybe I should overnight it to you?

Creme Brulee
Here's the recipe
1 quart heavy cream
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
10 egg yolks
3/4 c sugar plus more for sprinkling the tops

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large saucepan bring cream and vanilla to ALMOST a boil.  Set aside.  Place egg yolks in large bowl and add sugar.  Whisk these til light yellow in color.  (It takes a lot of elbow grease!!!)  Add cream 1 cup at a time whisking constantly and vigorously to prevent your eggs from cooking.  Continue adding the rest to the bowl very slowly whisking constantly.  Add a little more rapidly as the mix warms.  Place ramekins in a rimmed baking sheet.  Fill them 3/4 full.  Place pan inside oven and fill rimmed pan with water until reaches half way up ramekins.  Bake for 35-40 minutes until custard is set but not brown!  Remove ramekins and allow to cool.  Refridgerate covered for 2 hours or over night.  When ready to serve sprinkle about 1 TBSP sugar on top of custard.  Using a kitchen torch, or in my case, Jason's BIG outside torch  burn sugar to a crisp working quickly to avoid cooking the custard.  Serve immediately!  DELISH!!!
Coy blew out the candle for you!  :o)

And for an extra special treat, here's a few notes from people who care about you.  Thanks everyone who sent me your notes.  I truly appreciate it!

My Moni... what a wonderful opportunity of having to do this for you... your little Sis is very clever and she did it because she misses you and loves you. Just as I do love you and miss you too. *Very much!*  Moni... you have been a joy in our family, a very quite and peaceful child and always were the peace maker of all.


I will never forget the night you were born... we had to drive all the way from Malad to Logan- Utah and it took 45 min. to drive there... when I went for my check up Dr. said you must stay this child will be born tonight.  So I did go into the Hospital by 7 p.m. and Dr. did what he had to do and you were born in less than 3 hours. You came fast.. you did try to be born way before your time but we were so grateful you decided to wait till it was time.  You were born on 9/29/78 at 9:29 p.m.  You had the most beautiful black hair and when they brought you to me after you were cleaned they said this beauty is a *10* that was the highest score for a pretty baby.. and boy did I feel super excited.. even if they told me that you were just a 1 or 2 or whatever #... you were the most beautiful baby girl I had.  I love you so very much!.. and I am so grateful you decided to stay and be part of our family.


I wish you my Moni all the best.. and yes you are very far away but my thoughts and prayers are with you every single day.  You are a great example to me... and to many and I couldn't ask for a better daughter, wife and mother.  May our Father in Heaven bless you always and may His precious Love, Peace and Spirit always dwell with you and your precious family and home.

I love you my Moni..and I miss you so very much!.
Much love and kisses ..
Your Mama

Dear Moni,

Happy Happy Birthday!! Love you so much and miss you a lot. You are a wonderful daughter with many talents. I'm always so impressed at each new undertaking and how you master everything perfectly! Your scrapbooking is amazing. You are an excellent cook and a very talented baker -I miss sampling your yummy cupcakes! You are a wonderful seamstress. You are a skilled special education teacher with much dedication to those you teach. You serve our country faithfully. Most important, you are a supportive wife to Aaron and a loving mother to Ben and Maggie! We are so very lucky to have you in our family. Wish I could give you a big hug today. Just know I send my love and wishes for a wonderful day. I'll be thinking of you all day in that far away Missouri!
Love, Mom L
 
Monica impresses me in many ways—she is resourceful and makes do with what she has. She is well educated and has used her education to help provide for her family. (I still hear compliments from people at Bingham who knew her or worked with her there, and the both love and miss her.) She has wonderful talents in decorating cakes and and cupcakes, and she has excelled in the world of scrapbooking. She is a great conversationalist—easy to talk to, pleasant, and polite to others. She thinks she is not smart, but I think she is very smart and knowledgeable, especially about things that matter. She is a trooper and a pioneer—following and supporting her husband as he seeks to develop his talents. She is fun at family gatherings—her cheerful presences is felt as she lightens a gathering with happiness. But perhaps the thing that I most admire and appreciate about Monica is the way she raises her children—my grandchildren. She takes such good care of them. She is sensitive to their needs, and she teaches them to be polite and respectful. She helps them to feel that they are important without making them feel conceded. She starts on their level and builds them. She uses these same talents in interacting with other children. Thanks, Monica, for being a part of our family and for doing so much good for all of us.  Love, Bob

Dear Monica,
I want to wish you a very happy birthday. I wish we could spend this special day with you, but we will just have to rely on the computer. Now on your special day, I want to see a picture of you eating cake! You just show us how pretty those cupcakes are, but I want to see you stuff one of those babies in your mouth and really show us how yummy they are. Well I am sending you lots of love and special wishes from our house to your's. We miss you and your family tons. But I know the years go fast and you and your family will soon be closer to home.
Have a wonderfull day, I love you lot's!
Aunt Linda and Uncle JR

My dear Monica, just wanted to send you a little note to let you know that I am thinking about you and wishing you a very wonderful *Birthday* I also want you to know that I miss you very much and also Aaron and your little ones Benny and Maggie.
Sure love you my Monica!
Much love and kisses...
Grandmama

OH Monica. I wish you the best year. I'm so proud of your accomplishments, love you as a parent, and laugh at your goofiness when were together. You deserve a happy birthday so enjoy! Miss your face sis. Love Brian
Monica, I will always remember our trip to Moab as one of the best experiences I have ever had. I treasure that time together and so enjoyed just being us and having fun. We got to see so much and you had the idea to do it. You are spontaneous and cool. You are one of the coolest people I have ever known. I love you immensely and know that when we see each other whether it has been a few months or longer that it will seem as if no time has passed at all. I love your family and am so proud of how talented and kind you are. You are beautiful inside and out. Have a wonderful birthday and I can't wait to take a trip and see your new home.  Connie

OH Monica. I just wanted to tell you for your birthday that you are truly inside and out one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL people I have ever met. I love that we can talk and have different views about life and such but we also see each other's side and appreciate it. I love how willing you are to listen and how big your heart is. Cause it is always open to help and to love. I love your craftiness. You have so much talent in your two hands. I really love you and miss you and I hope you have the best birthday yet! Love Jen!

Happy Happy Birthday Monica! You are a wonderful sister-in-law, and I so miss having you around. I will always remember (unless I have alzheimers someday!) the first time I met you. You were a brave woman to meet the family on a weekend getaway to Ruby's Inn. You seemed quiet and a little unsure of us, but you were also very nice and I knew we would be friends. I was also instantly and extremely jealous of your beautiful, long, dark, thick head of hair!

You are such a talented lady! I so miss your cupcakes. My mouth is watering for one right now! Plus, your scrap booking and sewing skills are envied by many - especially me. I absolutely love my beach bag and thought of you every time we went to the splash park this summer.
Have a wonderful day and know that you are loved and missed by many. I can't wait to see you in just two short weeks!
Love you!
-Jamie

Happy birthday, I hope you have a fantastic birthday. You are one of my favorite sisters in law. I look forward to the day when I can punch you in the arm again. Have a great time in Missouri and know that you are loved and missed. Just you though, not Aaron, well you and the kids...Brian S.

Monica, you are an amazing woman and an inspiration to me in many ways. You are incredibly talented and an exceptional mom. I love you lots and miss you tons! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Happy birthday!! I hope it's a good one!  Mindy

Happy birthday. I hope you have a great day. I miss your sweet, kind, fun self. I love you

Martin :)

I remember when I first met Monica and I have known her every since. I'm glad that after all these years she is still my favorite sister-in-law (pause for laughs). Anywho, I wouldn't be the same person today if it weren't for Monica...I mean I do think that I am a better person because of her (and I don't mean because she has humbled me by pinning me down when we would wrestle or from the dead arms from her punches). Here's to another 24 happy years of life! (Yes I know she's older than 24).  Jake

Monica--

I hope you have a really Really REALLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I really miss you guys. It's just not the same without you here!! I wish that I could be there to celebrate your birthday with you. I love you lots!! Hope your Birthday is FANTABULOUS!!!   Emily

Monica,
Happy Birthday!  I miss you guys.  And the next time I see you I will have to kick your ass again at Mario Party.  Love you, Jason

Hey Monica happy Birthday Here's hoping you have a very fine day AND FOLLOWING YEAR.  Miss your mug being around...Uncle Joe

Have a wonderful birthday Monica.  You really are a sweetheart and we wish you and you darling family the best in your adventures.  You are a great example to everyone around you and you have such a sweet and strong spirit that can be felt whenever anyone is in your presence.  Love, The Wyoming Coltons

Happy Birthday Monica! Miss you tonz and wish you were here. Love ya, Jammie

Monica-
Happy Birthday Cousin! I hope your family spoils you to pieces, you deserve it! I love you and miss you!!!
Amber Patty


I can remember the first day I met you when coming to the Lifferth family dinner. Right away you told me "listen Carla this is how it's done in the Lifferth family." Now that I'm a part of the family I know all of the things you've told me is real LOL. Monica, without you even knowing it you shown me how to be a great wife & mother (once that time comes). Seeing your love and care as a daughter in law has made me a better daughter in law. I love being a part of your life & I'm so happy that you're a part of mine.
Love you,  Carla Lifferth

Happy HAPPY Birthday, Sis!  Love you so much!!  Have an awesome day!  *hugs*



And you only have til Thursday to enter our giveaway.  My talented sister will be making 3 bows to giveaway.  Enter in our Friday Favorites!!!  Have a great "Hump Day"!  :o)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Monica! What a great birthday present!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, I don't even know what to say. I've been sitting here reading and crying for the last twenty minutes. Thanks Erica. I was feeling a little lonely today and really needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope you were crying tears of joy because you are so loved! Happy Birthday, again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't really know me, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA! Hope you have a great day.
    I love creme brulee. Now I'm craving it...Looks so yummy. I may just have to go make some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...