Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Canning Dilly Beans

Yes!  Another canning recipe.  I LOVE THESE!  A friend brought me a can of hers last year.  I had never tried them and I was really bummed she only brought me one jar.  We scarfed them down, or should I say, I scarfed them down...tee hee.  I asked her for the recipe this year, and she was nice enough to share it with me.  And now, I'm gonna share it with you.  Because these need to be shared.  They are so good.

Here's the recipe:
Prepare jars and lids
Wash and trim green beans
Stuff as many as you can into the size of jar you are wanting to use
Add a couple sprigs of dill
2-3 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
and some onion if you want

Heat-
2 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 c. Water
1/8 c. canning salt
Heat to boil until salt is dissolved
Pour over beans leaving 1/2 inch head space
Put on hot lids and hot pack for 30 minutes

This recipe is pretty easy and you can add more dill or more or less garlic.  You don't need to add the cayenne pepper either, if you don't like it spicy...But, who doesn't like a little spice in their life.  ;o)

My Auntie told me not to touch them til Thanksgiving, but I cheated and opened a jar and they were still pretty darn good a couple weeks after I did them.  Guess I'll wait til Thanksgiving for the others. 

P.S. Don't forget to enter our giveaway.  We'll be drawing a winner Thursday night.  It's a couple posts down.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm gonna have to can these...Canning is my favorite. I've never had a dilly bean before but I hear about them a lot so I've decided it's time to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...