Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Favorites

Flowers, flowers everywhere. Yeah, I know it's officially Fall. I'm talking fabric flowers though and they really are everywhere. Flower accessories are big, and I've been wanting to make some for my lil' girlies hair. There are a million ways to make them so I wanted to show you a few tutorials out there so you can get going and make your girlie some fun flower accessories too. You can find tutorials all over the net and YouTube has a bunch of video tutorials also. Just google fabric flowers or anything close to that.

This one is by Maize in Montana. She is looking for the frayed look but you could also double the width of the fabric, fold it in half and stitch along the unfinished edge. You would finish it off the same way but you would have a cleaner look. Both are cute, it's just the look you're going for.


This one is adorable. It is by Pink Paper Peppermints. This one is a little more work but is adorable finished. You could probably layer 2 or three and have a fuller flower.



I've seen a few these lately and was happy to find a tutorial. This one involves fire. How cool is that? I found this tutorial at Craftaholics Anonymous. So many possibilities with this one.


This is a cute one. It is done by Wise Craft.


And this one is super easy and very cute. Tutorial is by Sugar Bee. (You will have to go to the link to see them, some people don't like to sharte their pics.) I know you've seen them around.

Anyway, I need some motivation to make some flowers so I am doing another GIVEAWAY. Yuppers, I'm making flowers and I'm going to give someone three different types of fabric flowers connected to an alligator clip. Sorry no pics, because they're not even started yet. lol. They will be cute, promise. :)

To be entered into our drawing you have to comment on this post and share our link on your blog or through facebook. We would love to have 100 followers. If we can get to 100, I'll give away 9 flowers to three different winners. This is kinda fun! The deadline for entering will be next Thursday Sept. 30th before midnight. Good luck, and thanks so much for all your support. Erica and I have loved doing this. It keeps us busy and close. We love that.

With that, have a great weekend. Enjoy yourself and do something crafty!

12 comments:

  1. Cute flowers, all of them!! I've made the one with fire before, totally cool and fun to make! I'll have to try the others soon!!

    And thanks for the comment on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are adorable, I love them. I'm headed to FB right now to post a link! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK CRAFTS IS JUST AS FUN AS COOKING AND IT IS SO NEAT THAT WE CAN LEARN OR GET IDEAS OF ALL KINDS THROUGH YOU MY PRECIOUS LADIES... THANKS FOR SHARING ALL THE IDEAS AND RECIPES.. SURE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute flowers for little girlies :D posting on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! I love seeing new ways to do flowers and these are so cute!! Thank you for sharing these fun ideas!! FB here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! Those are so cute. I'll post on facebook right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute....my girls would love these....going to facebook right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! I need more bows/flowers - haha! Anything you make is wonderful, so I want to win! Count me in...why haven't I added you to my blog list yet?! Laziness I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute. I will post on Facebook :) Sorry I missed your last giveaway :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Facebooking as we speak......I want them. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me me me. I hope you post the ones that you make. I really want to see them and maybe it will motivate me to make some bows?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to win something, anything, but I think you two are doing a great job. It's a lot of work keeping up a blog, but add cooking, crafts and scrap booking to it.....WOW! I am making the peach bread pudding tonight, I am can't wait, I have been drooling for it every since I saw the post. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...