Friday, January 27, 2012

Passing on the Good Stuff...

Is it Friday already?! Wow, this week flew by for some reason. I just wanted to link up some recipes I tried this week. Both were delicious and easy. I love delicious and I'm very fond of easy. :) I guess with the Chinese New Year being this past week I was feeling like some Asian food. Anyway, just in case you are doing your grocery shopping this week, here are a couple of recipes to try.

Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

We tried these last night. Both kids loved them as did the Hubs and I. These are from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen. You can find her blog and recipe HERE.

P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef
P. F. Chang's Mongolian Beef. Photo by Caroline Cooks
A friend linked me up to this recipe. It's a knock off of P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef. I haven't been to a P.F. Chang's in years and I'm not sure I've ever had their Mongolian Beef. This was pretty easy and tasted good. The kids love these dishes over rice. This recipe come from Food.com. You can find the recipe HERE.

Just so you know the recipe says to deep fry the meat, I just stir fried it and it was fine. No need for the excess oil. I also used a commenters suggestion and marinated the meat in soy sauce and Hoisin sauce for an hour or two.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We have date night tonight and lots to do tomorrow! See ya!


2 comments:

  1. Monica, Glad you enjoyed the crock pot teriyaki chicken. Thanks for the link. Enjoy your date night! Penny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...