Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crepe Paper Heart Garland

I was strolling through pinterest and saw a whole bunch of cute Valentine's Day garland ideas.  I saw this one, and thought I could do this.  She didn't have instructions, just said what it was and took a picture.  But, my elementary memory came to me and I remembered all those time wrapping little squares of crepe paper around the eraser of the pencil, dipping it in glue, and then sticking it on the construction paper.  Well, this is just as easy.  Just add a little ribbon and there you have it! 

Here's what you need:
Cardboard
Ribbon to whatever length you want it
Crepe Paper
Glue
Pencil
Scissors


I obviously used cardboard.  I thought it would hold the weight a lot better.  And I had tons of it laying around from Christmas packages.

First of all I made a heart that I liked on regular paper.  I cut it out and I traced it on some cardboard.  I then cut out my hearts and poked 2 holes in each each heart and laced my ribbon through them. 

Then it was time to cut squares out of the long strips of crepe paper.  Fast and easy if you triple or quadruple the layers of paper. 

If you don't remember how to do this I will show you.  :o)  Just put your pencil right in the middle of your square.


And then fold up the square so it wraps around your pencil.  Then you'll dip it in glue.

And then press it onto your cut out shape.  Bring up the pencil and the paper stays there all cute and stuff.  Keep doing this until it looks just the way you want it.  I didn't glue over the ribbon, so if I wanted to move the hearts I could.  The crepe paper hid it pretty good.


How cute is this?!


Here's the finished product.  I think it turned out so cute.


Sorry for the horrible lighting on this one.  We don't have much sun today.  But you get the idea.  It's cute, and Valetinesy.  Is that a word? 

If you are really into the crafting mood then you can make The Heart Felt Wreath I made last year.  I have made a few more since then just to go around the house, and I LOVE them!  I just love Valentine's Day.  Always have.  And it's not cause of the treats and presents, it's because my birthday always follows the day after.  :o)

Have a happy day!  And let's pray we get clobbered with snow today.  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful garland! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! my girls would love to make one for each of their rooms i am sure. thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! My boys will love to make these with me, and it will be a perfect project this weekend with the weather outside. I'm going to make your wreath too, SO CUTE!! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...