Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cause Sometimes You Feel Like a Little Chocolate

I'm on a diet and I love to bake.

What am I supposed to do there. *Sigh* So, the no candy deal hasn't been a problem. Maybe that's why it was so easy for me to give it up. I'm not gonna lie. Today at the grocery store that Twix bar looked mighty tasty. Especially after a 3 mile run this morning. I didn't give in to that craving for chocolate BUT what to do?

In search for something to satisfy this sweet tooth and not throw off my diet I came across a chocolate cake. I see the words Chocolate and Cake and I can't help but get interested. I've made lots of cake in my day and this one seemed simple enough. So, I got my two little helpers and we made a cake.

Quick, simple and tasty! If you are craving some chocolate, whip up this cake and enjoy. Just for your info., if you cut this baby up in 12 pieces each one is 6 Weight Watchers Points Plus. Now that's something I can feel good about. :)

This is not a measly little piece. It's nice chunk of chocolatey goodness.

Chocolate Cake for the Health Conscience
1 spray cooking spray

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa, powder
1/2 cups sugar, granulated
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp table salt
1 1/4 cups fat-free skim milk
3 large egg whites
2 Tbsp regular butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cups water, boiling
1 Tbsp powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.


In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well with a fork to combine.

In another large mixing bowl, combine milk, egg whites, melted butter and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed until blended; gradually beat in boiling water.

Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture and mix on low speed until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan, on a wire rack.

Sift powdered sugar over cooled cake before cutting into 12 pieces. We topped ours with fat free whipped topping and banana slices. Yum!
 
Source: Weight Watchers
 
And please don't mind the dust, our blog will be under construction in the coming weeks. Thanks!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...