Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fluffy Brown Sugar Cookies

*sigh* These cookies.  THESE cookies are the bomb diggity!  :o)  As you know, I've been dieting.  Well, let's just say the diet went out the window yesterday for these babies.  This recipe made about 3 dozen cookies.  The first dozen went in the garbage because I didn't bake them long enough.  I got it down the next two batches.  They were seriously one of the best cookies I've ever had.  The brown butter icing just added to the perfection.  I will be making these again and again.


Fluffy Brown Sugar Cookies
2/3 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sour cream

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add in eggs 1 at a time.  Add in vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.  In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.  Mix it alternately with sour cream to butter mixture.  Mix well.  Using a cookie scoop or whatever works best for you, spoon cookie dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes.  You want the cookie to not shine.  If it still looks shiny and gooey then bake it a little longer.  You want them to stay fluffy once they cool.  Once they've cooled make your icing.

Brown Butter Icing
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk

Melt butter in a medium sauce pan on medium heat until it starts turning a golden color.  Keep your eye on it, because you don't want to burn it.  Stir it often.  Take off the heat once you get to that point.  Add in your sugar and stir it together.  Add in milk.  If it's the consistency you want it then leave it.  If you want it runnier add a little more milk.  Eyeball it!  Mine was great with no changes at all.  Ice your cookies and try not to eat them all. 


Here's an update on my diet so far.  It's going better than I expected.  I've been staying on course with the exercising.  I fall to the wayside once in awhile on the diet.  I can't help it.  I love me some sweets!  I've lost a total of 3.9 lbs.  I can't see any difference yet and I can't wait til I do. 

All of my other resolutions are going good so far too.  I'm actually impressed with myself.  2012 is gonna be a great year.  I can feel it!

Have a happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Sugar Cookies are a sweet and tender cookie with wonderfully crisp edges. They are delicious whether dressed simply with a sprinkling of colored sugar or frosted with royal icing. These naturally low-fat cookies make the perfect gift or personal indulgence for any time of year. Thanks a lot.

    Easy Dessert Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would just love these. I better stay away from them. Last time I made brown butter frosting, I'm pretty sure I had a few spoonfuls. Oh heavens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...