Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

I love fast and easy meals, and this was definately one of them.  Plus my family gobbled it up.  So on my list it goes.  The recipe calls for green onions, but I left them out.  I knew if I put them in Jason wouldn't eat it.  I think it'd be awesome with them in, but we gotta keep them honeys happy! :o)




Sour Cream Noodle Bake
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
15 oz. can of tomato sauce
8 oz. egg noodles
3/4 c. sour cream
1 1/4 c. cottage cheese
1 to 2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese (I like a lot of cheese, so I used just about 2 cups)
1/2 c. green onions, chopped (use less or more for your taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown your hamburger in a frying pan.  Drain off grease and add your tomato sauce.  While the beef is simmering start boiling your noodles.  Strain and set aside.  Mix together your sour cream and cottage cheese together.  Stir in green onions and I put lots of pepper in mine.  Then add your noodles and mix well.  In a 8x8 casserole dish pour in half the meat sauce on the bottom, then half the noodle mix, a layer of cheese and then repeat layers topping with cheese.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 15-20 minutes or until your cheese is good and melty.  :o)  Enjoy with your favorite green salad and some garlic bread.

Source-The Pioneer Woman

1 comment:

  1. Eating this for supper right now. Super easy to make & tastes great. Thanks for a great new recipe for the rotation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...