Monday, June 20, 2011

Menu Monday

We are jumping on the bandwagon and sharing our weekly menu with you. A big reason we are doing this is cause Erica usually texts me with "dinner?" and I respond then say "you?". For some reason we care about what each other is making. I occasionally hit this blog for new menu ideas so hopefully we can be an occasional resource to you for your own menu.

If we can link it to a recipe on our blog or a recipe on the web we will for sure. Anyway, enjoy our weekly set up!

Monica
Since I am two weeks from having a baby I am keeping things pretty simple. I will throw out a disclaimer right now that I am in no way a gourmet cook. My recipes are usually simple prego or not with the occasional "out there" recipe. I love tried and true recipes and enjoy trying new things occasionally. So with that being said, I try really hard to always offer a vegetable or salad and a fruit with all my meals. So I may just post an entree but there is almost always a vegi and fruit with my dinners. Just so you know. :)

Monday
Tofu Stirfry with Rice

Tuesday
Huevos Rancheros

Wednesday
Banana Pancakes

Thursday
Baked Potato Bar
Fresh Broccoli and Cheese

Friday
Tacos
Spanish Rice
Vegi

Saturday
Family will be here, Out maybe?

Sunday
Grilled Chicken with Mango Black Bean Salsa
Homemade Rolls
Crisscross Potatoes
Green Salad

No links for me today, sorry. But I definitely have some ideas for future recipe posts. If you every want a recipe, shoot us a message. :)

Erica
Monica?  Simple?!  I would be doing mac and cheese, ramen, or corn dogs every night when I was about  to have my babies!  You are doing amazing! 

I'm with Moni on the veggie or fruit thing.  I will mostly just be posting the main entree, hoping you will know that my kids do eat some healthy food too. 

Monday
Tacos with Spanish Rice


Tuesday
Sloppy Joes and Chips





Wednesday
Lemon Butter Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Noodles

Thursday
Cowboy Calzones...recipe to come!

Friday
Grilled Steaks and Dutch Oven Potatoes  (My sweet hubs usually cooks at least once a week and this is his favorite one to whip up.)

Saturday
We have a big family reunion this day, so I think we will keep it simple...like...corn dogs?  lol...Now THAT is simple!

Sunday
Meatloaf and AuGratin potatoes


And there ya have it!  Now you know what we are eating all week long.  I got a few yummy recipes coming up, and I'm really excited to share them with you.  They are awesome!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend.  I know we did.  Here's to a fun and exciting week!  And hopefully we'll be introducing you to Monica's new baby boy or girl soon.  I can not WAIT!!!!!

Oh, and feel free to share your weekly menu with us.  We always like new ideas.  :o)


3 comments:

  1. Monica, you're the most organized person Ive seen! I had to subscribe to a recipe site to help me organize my cooking. www.idealmealz.com helps me fix fab food without challenging my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love This Week for Dinner! Great website! It's always a good thing to have a week's worth of meals planned...Best way to stay on top of dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Now I have a menu for 2 weeks!! Thanks girlies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...