Monday, June 6, 2011

Bird Houses

If you go up to the family farm you will see bird houses on a lot of the fence posts up there.  Now, who is the sweet and thoughtful person who did all that work?!  My Daddy!  He is so crafty and likes to create things.  I think that's where Monica gets a lot of her creativity.  I get a little of it.  :o)  I told Dad to cut me and the kids some bird houses out of his scrap wood he has laying around and he gladly did it...after a few reminders.  I had Justy put them all together and then I had my sweet hubs screw them all together.  My good friend, Candis, came over and she painted one to take home too.  They all turned out super cute. 

Justy sanding off some of the rough edges.


Here's all the pieces.  If you are interested in the blueprint, I'll have to have my dad write one up.  Looks pretty simple, if you ask me!


Justy doing her BRIGHT paint job.  What a cutie!


And the finished product.  Mine is the one on the left, then Candis's, and then Justy's.  I think I want to add a dowel or a funky stick to put under the hole.  I had Jason hang mine up to the tree in my front yard.  I hope something takes residence soon.  :o)

Did you have a fun weekend?  Do anything fun?  We finally got spring/summer here and I wanted to spend my days outside in my garden or flower beds.  The baby limits my time outside, and that's why I probably enjoy it so much more now.  We had tinfoil dinners on the fire outside and just enjoyed each others company.  Here's to another fun filled and busy week!!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! We had a lot of birds in our yard so this would be great.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! My boys would love making those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dad did this! He's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun craft. My kids would love that. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...