Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Night Owl S'More Treats

I love to make treats that are easy to throw together and that the kids...and me will love. These were just down that alley.  They were easy and OH SO YUMMY!  Thanks to my friend Kelsey at A Spice a Day I am now addicted to this stuff.  I had to send half the pan home with another friend just so I wouldn't eat it all.  I have no self control when it comes to sweet things.  :o)  These tasted just like S'Mores.  And if your children are already bored with their summer, get them in the kitchen to help out with this treat.  Please tell me I'm not the only Mom that has a kid that says I'm bored about 50 times a day?  She is getting better because I threatened more chores if she said it again.  Bahahahahahahaa!  Anyway...try this!  TODAY!




Night Owl S'more Treats
9 c. Golden Graham Cereal (I used the Malt O Meal brand)
3/4 c. light corn syrup
3 Tbsp. butter
11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
3 c. mini marshmallows

Measure your cereal into a large bowl.  Butter a big cookie sheet.  In a medium saucepan put your corn syrup, butter, and chocolate chips in and on med heat melt them all together stirring constantly.  When it's all smooth take it off the heat and stir in your vanilla.  Pour over top of cereal and stir it to coat the cereal with the chocolate.  Pour in marshmallows and stir all together.  Pour mix onto buttered cookie sheet and press down with your hand.  Now enjoy it and try not to eat the whole pan.  :o)

Source-A Spice a Day

Have a happy Wednesday!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it. I was afraid I'd have to de-friend you if you didn't! I'm like you, I have no self-control when it comes to things like this. The difference between you and I, is that I cringe at the thought of giving any away, and I eat the whole pan myself! All with a big fat smile on my face.
    Thank you for featuring me! It's not like I needed the traffic or anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, there's no way I would be able to stop once I got started on this. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...