Monday, June 13, 2011

Hummus

I remember the first time I tried Hummus.  It was in the Liffy's family kitchen with tortilla chips.  I had never had ANYTHING so delicious.  I think I ate a butt load, and then was embarrased afterwards for eating too much. :o)  I think my sister got that batch from Costco.  Ever since then, whenever anyone goes to Costco, I have them get me some Hummus.  Well...no one has gotten any for me in a loooooong time, so I thought I would make some on my own.  I'm happy I found an easy enough recipe to hurry and whip up.  It was pretty dang good.  And if I rememeber right, then I think it might beat the Costco kind.  I need to do a comparison, so if anyone is going to Costco, make sure to bring me some home to compare.  The first batch I made, I added too much garlic.  I was burping garlic for a week.  Yum!  Let's just say I didn't get too many kisses from the hubs.  He's not a fan of garlic.  *lol*  The next time I made it, I didn't add as much and it turned out perfectly.  If you are not too into the garlicky flavor then don't add as much.




Hummus
1-19 oz can of garbanzo beans
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin
juice from 1 lemon
1 Tbsp olive oil
3-6 Tbsp water
salt to taste
more olive oil to drizzle on top when it is done
and a dash of paprika

In a food processor add your beans, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, olive oil and 3 Tbsp of water.  Process ingredients until a nice puree.  If it's too thick then add more water a Tbsp at a time until it's the right consistency.  I only added the 3 Tbsp to mine.  Taste it and then add salt if you'd like to.  Process again.  Put into a serving dish and drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle some paprika over it.  Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, or cut up pitas.  DELISH!  :o)

Have a great week!!!

Source-Food and Whine

5 comments:

  1. You made my mouth water. I love hummus! Aaron's Aunt made some at a family gathering in March and it was super garlicky. I still loved it! Sooo yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I could eat my weight in hummus and pita chips. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! LOVE hummus! That recipe looks like a keeper. And I was surprised to see it only call for 1 T. of oil. Yummy and healthy - Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had hummus! I should try this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this tonight, super easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...