Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zucchini Bread

If you want the smell of fall in your house then bake this.  I told my hubs that it smelt and tasted like fall and he looked at me funny.  :o)  I guess men don't understand?  My sweet brother, Brian, brought me some zucchini this weekend.  Unlike my garden, his is still producing delicious veggies...mine barely produced anything this year.  Sad face.  So, I thought i'd make some delicious zucchini bread. 
Here's the recipe-

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Grease and flour two 8x4 bread pans.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix flour, salt, soda, powder, and cinnamon in a small bowl.  In a bigger bowl blend eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, and vanilla.  Add flour mix and stir to blend.  Then add your zucchini and walnuts.  Pour into prepared bread pans and bake for 40-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  My oven takes 55 minutes. 

Now tell me, What do you think fall smells like?

4 comments:

  1. Fall smells like the day before Thanksgiving baking pies with Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall smells like pumpkin spice candles! :) Thanks for the recipe! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall: Crisp, cool air and the smell of apples baked in cinnamon and nutmeg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall!! It smells like crockpot dinners, hearty soups and baked goods! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...