Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Match-Up

Pumpkin, pumpkin everywhere. Is anyone else just loving the season? I've already made pumpkin cupcakes last week and it wasn't enough. I had to have more. Today we're featuring pumpkin. Yay!

I was very lucky to have some company for the weekend. My sister-in-law Jamie and I were brainstorming pumpkin recipes and she mentioned one of her favorites. She makes these every year for her family and they love it. We made these today for the fam and they were fabulous. Seriously, yum. Make these this weekend. You won't regret it.


Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/4 c. flour
2 Tbls. sugar
2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/2 teas. ground ginger
1/2 teas. salt
pinch of ground cloves
1 cup milk
6 Tbls. canned pumpkin
2 Tbls. melted butter
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix milk, pumpkin, butter, and egg. Fold pumpkin mixture into dry mixture. Pour about 1/4 cup on a hot griddle and cook about 3 minutes on each side Serve with my favorite syrup.

Source: Martha Stewart

This is the best breakfast syrup ever. It is a cinnamony sweetness that my whole family loves.

Ann's Syrup
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. corn syrup
1.4 c. water
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream

Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in whipping cream.

Enjoy!
Monica :)
----------------------------

Pumpkin Pancakes?  Mmmm...something I have to try!!  I love this time of year!  All the flavors of fall are pretty much awesome.  I decided to make a Pumpkin Roll.  I've been making these for quite a few years.  I had all the ingredients on hand, except for the pumpkin, and that's always a good thing in my book...and my husbands.  :o)  Justy helped me throw them together.  It's fun getting your kids involved in the kitchen.  Hope you enjoy it just as much as my family does.
 Pumpkin Rolls-
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar

Filling-
1/4 c. butter softened
6 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a BIG cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper. In a large bowl, beat your eggs until a lemony color.  Gradually add sugar.  Stir in pumpkin, and lemon juice.  In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.  Fold into egg mixture.  Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out the top.  Bake 15 minutes.  Lay a clean dish towel on the counter and sprinkle it with powdered sugar.  Turn your warm cake on the towel and remove paper.  Roll up cake.  Cool either in the fridge or if your in a hurry, throw it in the freezer for a few minutes.

Beat butter, and cream cheese until smooth.  Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.  Unroll cake and spread with filling and roll back up.  Cut and serve...AND ENJOY!

Have a great week! Erica*

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I love me some pumpkin. Already have plans to make that pumpkin roll this week and I'll have to make some pumpkin pancakes too. :) Thanks for the recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. both look delicious.
    do you remember my mom's pumpkins chocolate chips cookies? they are super yummy, but I've improved them a bit for my taste by adding oatmeal! those are my favorite for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Moni and TW.. if I make everything you ladies post I don't know.. I probably won't get through the *door*.. but those pancakes look so delicious and for sure I am going to try them and the Pumpkin roll... with a cold glass of milk.. oh my goodness... They both look sooo good.. and I am anxious to get more recipes.. Thank you!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, these both look soooo good! I love pumpkin! Erica, your pumpkin roll is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...