Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Digi Day

 I was very tempted this week to join a paper scrapbooking club. Very tempted. A scrapbooking club is where you join and they send you a monthly coordinated pack of paper, embellies, stamps, inks, etc. I've always wanted to join one but never did. Good thing it's not in my budget. Now why in the world would a digi die hard want to join a paper scrapbooking club? I know you're asking. WELL, I have been in love with a lot of the hybrid layouts and projects I've seen lately. What is hybrid you ask? Well, hybrid is when the digi world meets the paper world and you get really beautiful projects and crafts. Here are some examples of some things that have been catching my eye.

Cathy does gorgeous hybrid layouts. She is a real inspiration to me. She takes a lot of digital products, prints them out and paper scraps them. I love the textures. You may just see some hybrid layouts from me yet.


Cammie does a lot of projects and crafts using digital elements. I love this candy box. She printed out digital paper then mod podged it to this wood basket. Soooo cute!


I've never been a huge card maker but I love these. Again, she prints out the digi elements and pieces them together.

I saw these in the gallery recently and loved them! They are magnetic bookmarks. I'm actually making some of these for a hand out. Pictures coming soon.

If you haven't checked out JessicaSprague.com recently. Every Friday they have a Photoshop Friday episode available for one dollar and now they are putting out a hybrid project also for one dollar. Last week was a super cute Halloween decoration. Only one dollar for the directions and everything to make a hybrid project.

Purchase it here.

Okay, here is my layout for the week. Creativity by Crystal is now doing an "Inspired By" template series. She has paired up with some of her favorite paper scrappers and is using their layouts to make templates for us digi scrappers. Templates are a whole other story I need to get into with you. Definitely a quicker and great way to get some scrapping done. This layout took me 30 minutes tops. And it's gorgeous and documented. Love it.


Okay, I've been learning about designing blogs so don't mind the dust, there will be visual changes here and there in the next couple of weeks. Yay!

Monica

3 comments:

  1. I want a bookmark!! And i'm thinking I want to make those SPOOKY blocks. I love your page. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the same things!! I am happily sitting on the digital/traditional fence. What awesome inspiration you have posted! Thanks for making my list of projects to do, that much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica! Your blog is looking so cute! I love that LO you did with Crystal's template. SO adorable.

    All the recipes on your blog look so yummy, BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...