Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Best Darn Cupcakes Ever!

I know that's saying a lot, but really, they were awesome.  The cake so moist and the frosting so creamy.  Me and my family were so happy that I decided to make these.  I think i'll be making them lots more in the future.  They aren't fancy shmancy like the ones my cute sister does, but I think they taste just as great, well...I guess I don't really know that, because I've never tried one of Monica's fabulous cupcakes.  Hmmm...now that's just wrong!
 Here's the recipe
Cupcakes~
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. (heaping) cocoa
1 c. butter
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.  In a saucepan melt butter, then add cocoa.  Stir together.  Add boiling water and let it boil for about 30 seconds.  Pour cocoa mix over flour mixture and stir lightly to cool.  In a small bowl add buttermik, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla.  Stir to combine.  Add to flour mix.  Stir to combine.  Pour into cupcake liners.  I got about 20 cupcakes.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Let cool.

Icing~
5 Tbsp flour
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. butter
1 c. granulated sugar

In a small saucepan, whisk flour into milk and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.  REALLY REALLY THICK!   Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. It must be completely cool before you use it in the next step. Stir in vanilla.

While the mixture is cooling, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. You don’t want any sugar graininess left. Then add the completely cooled milk/flour/vanilla mixture and beat the living daylights out of it. If it looks separated, you haven’t beaten it enough! Beat it until it all combines and resembles whipped cream.  Top your cupcakes or a cake and enjoy!!! 

These would be fun for a Halloween party.  Give em' a try!  Hope your having a swell week and Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmm...cupcakes. Our readers are getting a double dose of cupcakes. I'm doing some tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the same frosting recipe that was on PW's site? If so, I've tried it and I'm completley hooked!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...