Friday, September 16, 2011

Water Colors

It's been fun finding different fun things to do with my 3 year old.  He thinks it's pretty cool too.  I didn't have any water colors on hand, and he had never tried them before, so this was the perfect craft to do with my lil' man.  I let him help with stirring in the colors, and you should have seen his little face.  He was amazed!!  The cutest thing ever.  I love when i'm the one to make my babies so happy.  So, if you and the kids can't find something to do today, give these a try.  They were super easy to mix together and the end result was a work of art.  :o)

You can tell I took this picture after Coy had been painting.  He hasn't got the hang of it quite yet.  :o)

Dip...

And paint!

Water Colors
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp corn syrup
food coloring

Mix everything together and pour mix into seperate containers.  I used an ice thing.  Worked great!  Then add your colors and mix well with a toothpick. Then start painting.  (I stirred the colors every once in awhile, so the stuff wouldn't settle at the bottom.  I'm wondering if I didn't stir it long enough to begin with, so make sure to stir it really good before pouring into your seperate cups.)

I got the HUGE piece of paper from Mr. Claude in the meat department at the grocery store.  I taped both sides to the table, so it wouldn't move around and it worked out perfect.  Plus, I have tons more for another project.  :o)

Happy Painting!! 

1 comment:

  1. Your new camera is really good. I love the pictures of the paints and your Oreo's too. I also love your little guy's skinny little legs. So cute. I love seeing what activities that you and Monica do with the kids. I might not comment all the time, but I check it out every couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...