Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup

I got this recipe from my good friend.  She said it was amazing, and she was right!  I couldn't stop eating them.  My picky toddler loved them too and he wanted seconds.  The syrup is so buttery and creamy and DELICIOUS!  Such a great combination.  It tasted like Fall to me.  What does Fall taste like to you?



Oatmeal Pancakes *This is the recipe doubled.  It made the perfect amount for my family of 4.*
1 c. flour
1 c. oats blended into flour  (I just used my food processor)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs

Mix together all wet ingredients and then stir in your dry.  Heat griddle and butter it good.  Pour in batter and cook like you would any other pancake.

Buttermilk Syrup
1 1/2 c. white sugar
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. butter
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla

Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large pan and while stirring constantly let it boil for 5-7 minutes.  Remove from heat and add your 2 tsp vanilla.  Make sure you use a large pan.  I didn't and it overflowed all over the place.  Good times.  ;o)  Let it cool a bit while your cooking up the pancakes.

Source-Our Best Bites

You will seriously think you've died and gone to heaven when you try this!

Happy Wednesday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...