Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

I love Pinterest. Every time I get on there I get giddy at all the beautiful things there are in this world. It has been a plethora of inspiration for me. Well, my husband asked if I would make cookies for a friends birthday and luckily I had just pinned a cookie. I went to the linked website and the cookie was easy plus I had everything so I whipped this cookie up in no time. Seriously, I started and finished in an hour. This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies. Really they are super easy.

I have been a peanut butter fan lately. Mixed with some chocolate, and you have my idea of a tasty treat. Not to mention the fun peanut butter surprise in the middle. Yum. I really liked these and will be making them again. :)


Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies

1½ cups all-purpose flour

½ cup unsweetened cocoa
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup granulated sugar (plus more for dipping)
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
¾ cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375˚F.

Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, butter and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter until light and smooth. Add in the vanilla and egg, beat to combine. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Set dough aside.

To make the filling, cream together the powdered sugar and remaining 3/4 cup of peanut butter until smooth. (All I had was reduced fat peanut butter, so I had to add a little water for this to come together. It worked perfectly.)

To assemble the cookies, spoon a generous tablespoon of chocolate cookie dough and flatten into a circle with your hands. (I used the Pampered Chef medium scoop.) Scoop a small amount of peanut butter filling mixture and place in the center of the chocolate dough. Wrap the chocolate dough around the peanut butter filling, pinching ends together to seal. Roll the cookie in between hands to smooth into a ball. Roll into a bowl of sugar and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten each cook with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass.

Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool on wire rack.

Source: Pennies on a Platter

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...