Friday, July 29, 2011

Cinnabun Popcorn

I went to see a good friend awhile back and she gave me a bag of this delicious popcorn.  She probably thought I was a pig, because while visiting with her, I think I ate more than half of the bag she gave me.  I had to have the recipe.  It's a melt in your mouth kind of yumminess.  :o)  Does that make sense?!  It was awesome!  I made some just last week, and my family gobbled it up!


 
Cinnabun Popcorn
12 c. popped popcorn (1/2 c. kernels)
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. karo syrup
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 oz almond bark

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Pop your popcorn and place it and your chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside. 

In a 2 liter microwave safe bowl combine brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Mix it together.  Then add buter cut up into chunks and place on top of brown sugar mix, pour corn syrup over the top of everything.  Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine.  Microwave again for 2 minutes.  Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 minutes more.  Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda.  Stir to combine.  The baking soda should make it foam. Pour caramel mix over popcorn and pecans and stir it good to coat everything.  Place in a foil lined cookie sheet.  And bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and spread the popcorn out onto a large piece of parchment paper.  Or if you don't have parchment wax paper or foil work just fine.

Melt almond bark according to package directions and drizzle it over the top of the popcorn.  Let it cool until bark has hardened.  Break into chunks and try to keep yourself from eating the entire batch yourself.

Source-OurBestBites

Our little family is off on vacation today.  I can't wait to get away from my cave for a day or two.  And when I come back next week it will be August!  Can you believe it?  It's almost fair time and school time.  YAY!  :o)  Yes, i'm one of those moms that can't wait for the school year to start.  Anyhoo...see you for Menu Monday and hopefully Monica will be back to blogging soon.  I sure miss her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...