Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

The title should have got you.  Because i've said before that chocolate and peanut butter are soulmates! Plain and simple...I.am.in.love.  :o)  These tasted JUST like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.  They were amazing!!!  The kids loved them too.  I had to take the rest to a family reunion or I would have sat down with a spoon and ate the entire pan.  That's just how I roll.


OH BABY!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. butter, melted
12 oz bag of chocolate chips (My family prefers milk chocolate)
2 tsp creamy peanut butter

In a large bowl beat together graham crackers, powdered sugar, 1 1/2 c. peanut butter, and melted butter.  Mix until well combined.  Press into bottom of a parchment paper lined 13x9 dish. 

In a microwave safe bowl add your chocolate chips and 2 tsp peanut butter.  Microwave in 30 second intervals, making sure to stir after each one.  Do this until it is all melted and smooth.  Pour on top of peanut butter mix, and spread evenly.  Refridgerate until chocolate is set.  If the chocolate gets too hard, just let it sit on the counter for a little while and it will soften up a bit.  Cut into bars and ENJOY!

Have a happy Thursday!!  Oh...and guess what!?  I get to see my sister and the new baby soon!  I can't wait!!! 

Source-Our Best Bites

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I was going to try and post today but you've got it all under control. Thanks sis! Love you! These look AMAZING by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, these look WAY better than my lazy man's version of buying the betty crocker PB cookie mix and melting choc chips on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. Bschow is gonna love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making these for our bear lake trip they look flippin amazing, I'm just hoping they last till then....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...