Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Welcome our Guest Teauna from From Cupboard to Cupboard

Hi, Everyone!!!  We have another fun guest post for you today.  It's Teauna from From Cupboard to Cupboard!  She's a talented craftswoman and cook and also comes from the same little town as me and Moni.  I'm excited she accepted to come post over with us today.  Enjoy!  And don't forget to like us on facebook and follow our blog.  Once we get some more followers we are gonna have another fun giveaway!  YAY!  Have a great Wednesday!!


Hi! I am Teauna and I am a Cupcake-aholic.  You can find me over at From Cupboard to Cupboard... where I share my love for cooking! I love to cook, bake, decorate, blog about it... etc, etc, etc. 

When Erica and Monica invited me over to their Giant Blog of Cooking, Crafting, and other activities to share a recipe with you, I was pretty darn excited!  I grew up with these talented girls and I really enjoy catching up with them on their blog! Thanks girls, for the invite! Muah!;)

I really wanted to cook you up something special!  I went thru cookbooks, blogs, my brain, and nothing seemed quite right...until I remembered that I had this recipe written down to try!  It's been written down for a long while, waiting patiently in the wings while I've been baking up a storm and making other yummy treats :) And knowing that Erica has a LOVE for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups... I found this recipe fitting to be on her blog! :)

May I introduce to you....

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
--------------------------------------------------------------------



These babies deserve a standing ovation!  I have to be honest.  The chocolate/peanut butter combination has never been one that makes me weak in the knees.  I mean, don't get me wrong... I like it and all.  It's just never been my favorite.  Well, my dears... that opinion is no longer!  Especially if the combination of chocolate and peanut butter comes in the form of THESE cupcakes!  The cake is good and moist and oh so chocolatey and the frosting.... O! M! G!  It is to.die.for! It's like silk! Am I coming across loud and clear here?  Well, if that isn't enough to take your breath away, how about the wonderful peanut butter ball baked into the cupcake? Huh?  Now, what are you thinkin'?  Yeah!  That's right! Go make them NOW!  They're calling your name aren't they?  Well, I have a dozen in the fridge... and they're calling mine!   I won't lie:)

I sure hope you enjoy these!  Come on over to my little paradise on the blogosphere for more fun recipes!  I'd love to see you there! :)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
adapted by From Cupboard to Cupboard
original recipe by Annie's Eats
printable recipe

For the Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla

For the Cake:
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs

For the frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:

Preheat the over to 350 degrees.  Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. 

To make the filling, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in a bowl.  Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.  Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls (at least 24)... I used a small cookie scoop to make them all even:)  and set aside on a baking sheet.  I put mine in the refrigerator until I needed them.

To make the cake batter, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk together and set aide.  In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the sour cream, milk and vanilla.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium-high speed untl light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.  With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.  Mix just until incorporated.

Spoon a tablespoon or two of batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner.  Place a ball of the peanut butter filling in each cupcake well and top with the remaining batter so that all the cups are filled.  Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

To make the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter and peanut butter until smooth.  Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, beating until smooth and well blended.  Mix in the whipped topping until smooth and fluffy.  Frost cooled cupcakes as desired!  (I use the Wilton 2D tip)


Thanks again girls for inviting me over!  It's been fun! :)

Happy Cooking!
Teauna

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I'm the same as you Teauna, never really have been a fan of the chocolate-peanut butter combo, but these look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? A peanut butter ball!!! I have to make these. Thanks Teauna for guest posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...